About Corporate trainings
Corporate trainings offer the best Teradata online training in Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai in India. This is the top institute for online training for the course. As a leader, it is committed to the enhancement of knowledge and employable skills and commitment to maintain the highest professional standards and integrity. We cover the following topics of Teradata:
- Teradata Single ,Multi and Cloud System
- Components and Explanation
- Server, Client and Pre-requisites
- Locks, Data Recovery and Protection
- Performance Tuning
All the courses are delivered by Industry experts with real time scenario which helps to build your career in a professional manner.
TERADATA ONLINE TRAINING
TERADATA Course Overview
Teradata is a popular Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) suitable for large data warehousing applications and hence capable of managing massive volumes of information and is exceptionally scalable. It accomplishes this from the idea of parallelism and is developed by the firm named Teradata.
Components of Teradata
- Node − It’s the basic component in Teradata System. Every single server in a system can be called a Node. A node is made up of its operating system, CPU memory, and own backup of Teradata RDBMS software and disc space. A cabinet is made up of a couple of Nodes.
- Parsing Engine − Parsing Engine is in charge of getting inquiries from the customer and preparing an effective implementation plan.
The responsibilities of parsing engine are −
- Get the SQL query in the customer
- Parse the SQL question check for syntax mistakes
- Check if the consumer has required freedom against the items used in the SQL question
- Assess if the items used at the SQL really exists
- Prepare the implementation strategy to execute the SQL query and move it to BYNET
- gets the results in the AMPs and ship to the customer
- It allows the communication between both PE and AMP and between the nodes. It receives the implementation strategy from Parsing Engine and leads into AMP. Likewise it receives the results in the AMPs and transmits into Parsing Engine.
- Access Module Processor (AMP) − AMPs, referred to as Virtual Assistants (vprocs) would be the one which really stores and retrieves the information. It get the information and implementation strategy out of Parsing Engine, performs with any information type conversion, aggregation, filter, sorting out and stores the information in the disks connected with them. Records in the tables have been dispersed among the AMPs from the computer system. Every AMP is connected with a group of disks where information is saved. Just that AMP can encode data in the discs.
- MPP architecture divides the workload equally throughout the whole system. The system splits the job one of its procedures and runs them in parallel to make sure the undertaking is finished fast.
- The Nodes, its accessibility Module Processors (AMPs) as well as the discs related to AMPs operate independently. They aren’t shared with other individuals.
- They could scale to 2048 Nodes. By way of instance, you may double the capacity of this system by decreasing the number of AMPs.
- Connectivity − This may join to Channel-attached systems for example Mainframe or even Network-attached systems.
- It’s been designed to function as parallel because its beginning. It’s been refined for every launch.
- In addition to it, it supplies its unique extension.
- Automatic Distribution − Teradata automatically spreads the data evenly on the discs with no manual intervention.
TERADATA COURSE SYLLABUS
- Prerequisites and Start up
- What is Teradata Datawarehouse?
- Teradata presence in IT.
- Teradata vs Other Databases.
- Competitive advantages.
- Capabilities and Limits.
- Teradata 15 & Other versions( 14,13.10,13,12)
- History and Real time running versions
- View Point Features (Web based management tool)***
- Descriptions on Golden Gate and Data Mover***
- Loading Types (Truncate, SCD, CDC etc…)
- HW and SW requirements & installation steps
- Teradata DBA Over view (System DBA, Application DBA)
2 Teradata Single ,Multi and Cloud System
- Node Architecture(Shared Nothing)
- SMP Architecture
- MPP Architecture
- Cloud Architecture (Teradata 14)
- Discussion on real time no of AMPs and Nodes
3 Components and Explanation
- PDE(Parallel Data Extension),
- Vprocs (Virtual Processors)
- TPA (Trusted Parallel Application)
- PE(Parsing Engine)
- AMP(Access Module Processing)
- BYNETs (Board less, Board Oriented)
- TDP (Teradata Directory Program)
- CLI(Call Level Interface),
- VSS (Virtual Storage System)
4) Server, Client and Pre-requisites
- Server start, stop, pause in Linux & Windows
- Client tools to operate [GUI, Wizard, CUI]
- Teradata Sql-Assistant, BTEQ, Query Studio
- Teradata Viewpoint Overview and Portlets
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), OLEDB
- Working with Sql-Assistant, BTEQ
- Transaction Modes [BTET, ANSI]
- Single, Multi Statement request operations
- Normal and Bulk Load/Unload
- Command, Query and Request Processing
5) Indexes (Primary, Secondary)
- Primary Index
- Unique Primary Index (UPI)
- Non Unique Primary Index (NUPI)
- Partitioned Primary Index (PPI) (Range_N, Case_N, Multi Valued PPI ***)
- NOPI (No Primary Index)***
- Full Uniform Distribution vs Skewed distribution.
- Skewness and Skewfactor
- Secondary Index
- Unique Secondary Index (USI)
- Non Unique Secondary Index(NUSI)
- Value Ordered Secondary Index (VOSI)
- Hash Index (HI)
- Join Index (JI) and Types
- (Single, Multi, Sparse, Aggregate)
- Full Table Scan(FTS) – Execution process
6) Locks, Data Recovery and Protection
- Object Locks -Access, Read, Write, Exclusive, Hut
- NO Wait ,Pseudo table lock
- HSA,HSN (Hot Stand By AMP,NODE)
- RAID1 ,RAID5 , Disk Arrays
- Fall Back , AMP Clustering
- Images (Single , Dual , Before, After)
- Journals ( Recovery , Transient and Permanent Journals ,Write ahead logging)
7) Performance Tuning
- Scripts and Queries Bottlenecks
- Explain request modifier
- Explain plan steps explanation
- Join Strategies
- Product Join Strategy
- Merge Join Strategy
- Nested Join Strategy
- Row Hash Join Strategy
- Collect statistics, Collecting and Updating
- Recommendations for statistic columns
- Diagnostic Help Stats Command and Stats wizard
- Skewness and Skew factor
- More memory & Out of Spool memory issue
- Hash functions (Hashrow, HashAmp, HashBucket )
- Performance monitor,Explaining various tabs
- ViewPoint various portlets for perfoamance
- General Query Tuning tips in various Sql constructs